These are the heroes behind the movement
LTG. MICHAEL D. ROCHELLE
Excellence. Innovation. Passion.
- Strategic thinker, planner and doer.
- Senior Human Capital Strategist (Policy, Recruitment and Leader Development)
- Innovative leader possessing superior organizational development and executive coaching skills.
- Founder of a highly successful executive coaching and management consulting company.
- A passion for developing talent, mentoring and coaching.
Areas of Expertise:
Human Capital and Organizational Development.
- Human Capital Management
- Management Consulting
- Talent Management.
- Executive Coaching
- Infrastructure Management.
MDR Strategies, LLC, Manassas, VA – 2009 – Present
Executive Coaching and Management Consulting services
President and CEO
- Strategic Human Capital Consulting with unique expertise in Volunteer Military Forces.
- Co-founder of MDR Strategies, LLC.
- Registered MDR Strategies, LLC, as Service-Disabled, Veteran-owned Small Business.
- One of five (5) Executive Coaches invited to launch the coaching component of George Mason University’s leader development program (Leadership Legacy).
Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel (G-1), The Pentagon, Washington, DC – 2006 – 2009
Chief Human Capital Officer for the United States Army
- Responsible official for all manpower policy, planning and personnel readiness for an Army of 1.1 million men and women engaged in wars on two (2) fronts.
- Achieved unprecedented readiness levels during a prolonged period of turbulence and demand for forces.
- Represented Military Manpower policies, readiness and Recruiting before the Congress of the United States.
Director, US Army Installation Management Agency, Washington, DC – 2005 – 2006
Executive Director of a global $1.5 Billion Dollar agency responsible for Army Installations and infrastructure.
- Pioneered the introduction of Lean Six Sigma training and introduction worldwide.
- Restored fiscal and budgetary discipline, recovering $300 Million in savings over two years, while enhancing productivity and overall effectiveness.
- Introduced the first command-wide talent management system.
Commanding General, US Army Recruiting Command, 2002 – 2005
Responsible for recruiting the All Volunteer Army while engaged at war or two fronts.
- Responsible for Army recruiting nationwide and abroad.
- Charged with successfully recruiting over 80,000 young volunteers annually.
- Also charged with recruiting medical professionals (Doctors and Nurses) and Army Chaplains.
- Largest end-use customer for the Army’ more than $220 Million Dollar marketing and advertising budget. Provided substantial input to the commercial advertising agency.
- Exercised leadership and command over 7,000 Army Recruiters nationwide.
Commanding General, US Army Soldier Support Institute, 2000 – 2002
Oversaw the professional leader development training for Human Resource, Finance and Army Recruiters for all officers and noncommissioned officers performing HR, Finance and Recruiting functions Army wide.
- Inaugurated a cooperative degree program that allowed officers to earn Masters Degrees while attending the Adjutant General and Finance Officers Advanced Courses.
- Launched three new Distance Learning Continuing Professional Education Courses for Army Recruiters, reducing travel costs and lost productivity.
Senior Military Assistant, Office of the Secretary of Defense, 1999 – 2000
Served as Senior Military Assistant to the Deputy Secretary of Defense, Office of the Secretary of Defense.
Senior Military Aide to the Deputy Secretary
- Administrative Military Aide to the Deputy Secretary of Defense.
- Coordination across the Secretariat Staff elements and agencies, as well as with the Joint Staff.
- Coordinate and accompany the Deputy Secretary of Defense on domestic and international travel.
Special Assistant to the Director of the Joint Staff, 1997 – 1999
Special Assistant for General and Flag Officer Management (Talent Management)
Special Assistant (G/FO Talent Management)
- General and Flag Officer Talent Management within the Joint Staff, Defense Agencies and Combatant Commands.
- Received special commendation from the Chief of Naval Operations.
Developmental Military Command and Staff Positions worldwide, 1972 – 1997
Continuous Active Military Service (1972-1997)
- MPA, Shippensburg University, Shippensburg, PA
- BA, Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA
- Professional Certificate, Leadership Coaching for Organizational Performance, George Mason University
- Professional Certificate, Coaching Teams for Sustained Performance
- Director, Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- Member, Board of Governors, Center for Creative Leadership
- Trustee, US Army War College Foundation, Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Chairman of the Board, Voices for America’s Troops (a MOAA Subsidiary)
- Director, Globili, LLC, Cincinnati, OH
- Member, Board of Visitors, Norfolk State University, Norfolk, VA
- International Coach Federation (ICF)
- Several Advisory Boards(G-1).